Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring?

I swear it was 69F yesterday.

At least the coating of frozen rain was pretty thin. I'm sure it will all melt out quickly. Boston does get snow in April every three or four years. But it isn't something that I expect.

I'm sure my little bunching onion seedlings didn't expect it either. Poor things. Luckily everything I have planted now can handle it. Even the onions seedlings above will be just fine even if they are mad at me for not taking them in last night.

4 comments:

  1. In NJ it hit 27 degrees and we had 19-mph winds. We covered everything w/ plastic sheeting. And it's supposed to be just as cold this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I woke up to a similar sight and almost had a heart attack. Luckily it's all gone by but the next couple of nights are expected to be pretty cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you thought you had done with Winter. Dare I mention that we had 18 celsius here yesterday...? (That's like Summer for us!)

    ReplyDelete